Welcome to Dallas, Texas!
As one of the largest cities in the South, Dallas has a lot to offer. From food and art to shopping and sports, you’ll find something fun to do here. So whether you’re visiting for a weekend or live in the area, here are some things you should check out while in town!
Top things to do in Dallas
No matter when you visit Dallas, it can be hard to narrow down the list of things to do, which is why we’ve created this list of the best things to do in Dallas, broken up by season. We’ve also included some tips and tricks that will help you save money on food and attractions while visiting.
If you are planning a trip to the Dallas area, with a large group of passengers you can count on a Dallas charter bus
to transport your group to your desired locations. Enjoy stress free group transportation with a coach bus rental perfect for 45-60 passengers.
Arts & Culture in Dallas Texas
- Dallas Museum of Art: If you’re a fan of culture and art, the Dallas Museum of art is the place for you. With a series of exhibitions to enjoy, you’ll be able to explore the best in art from around the world.
- Nasher Sculpture Center: If you love sculptures, then visiting this center will definitely be worth your while! Housing different sculptures from all over the world, this sculpture center is a must-visit for anyone in Dallas.
- Meadows Museum: Another museum that is worth visiting when in Dallas is Meadows Museum. This museum contains Spanish art collections that go back as far as 500 years ago! Visit here and see some of the most beautiful pieces from history.
- Trinity River Audubon Center: If you want to head outdoors and learn about animals during your visit to Texas, then Trinity River Audubon Center will definitely be an interesting educational experience for you!
- Texas Theatre: For those who love watching movies or plays should definitely check out Texas Theatre during their stay in Dallas! They have great shows happening all year round and it’s one of those places where everyone can enjoy themselves together as a group activity!
- The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza: Located on the sixth floor of a building called Dealey Plaza, this museum has exhibits commemorating John F. Kennedy’s life that took place here before he was assassinated on November 22nd 1963 by Lee Harvey Oswald himself with three shots fired into his back while riding through downtown Dallas inside an open car convertible (the limousine) along Elm Street near Houston Street where now there are large concrete X’s memorializing spot where each bullet hit JFK before continuing up toward his skull hitting him fatally – which remains controversial since many believe another shooter (conspiracy theorists call these other shooters “the grassy knoll shooters”) could have been responsible since they say Lee Harvey Oswald alone couldn’t get off so many shots within
Are you traveling with a large group? Consider a charter bus rental
, perfect for medium to large sized groups. We service all major events, and common services such as weddings, birthday parties and more.
Shopping in Dallas Texas
Shop til you drop at these places!
- Galleria Dallas
- NorthPark Center
- The Shops at Park Lane
- Mockingbird Station
- West Village
- Highland Park Village
- Dallas Farmers Market
Dining in Dallas Texas
You’ll find the most famous restaurants in Dallas in the Arts District, West Village, Uptown and the Knox-Henderson neighborhood. The dining scene here is an eclectic mix of homegrown Tex-Mex and steakhouses, country cooking, Asian-fusion and global gourmet. If Tex-Mex is what you are after, head over to El Fenix – a Dallas institution since 1918 – or Mi Cocina. If you’re hankering for steak, Capital Grille is your choice or Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steakhouse.
For a true taste of Dallas, head to a Tex-Mex restaurant for chips and salsa and a plate of enchiladas. After dinner at one of these establishments grab some ice cream for dessert – stop by Braindead Brewing on Main Street (try their bacon jalapeno popper flavor) or take note from our list below with more recommendations from locals!
Nightlife in Dallas Texas
If you want to do a little dancing, there are a lot of options for bars and clubs as well.
- Memphis Nightclub
- Club Dada
- Lizard Lounge
- Gilley’s Dallas
Hotels in Dallas Texas
- Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria – 3-star hotel – 4801 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy, Dallas, TX 75244•(972) 661-3600
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dallas East – Fair Park, an IHG Hotel – 2-star hotel – 8703 E R L Thornton Fwy, Dallas, TX 75228•(214) 660-0006
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dallas – Addison Galleria – 2-star hotel – 14925 Landmark Blvd, Dallas, TX 75254•(972) 404-0004
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Park Central Area – 3-star hotel – 13131 N Central Expy, Dallas, TX 75243•(972) 234-3300
Sports in Dallas Texas
If you’re a sports fan, you can spend your time in Dallas at the American Airlines Center watching the Mavericks basketball team play.
An even better option is to take in a game at Cowboys Stadium, which is the largest NFL arena. It seats up to 80,000 people and has a giant screen that shows replays of everything happening on the field. One of the best parts about attending a game at Cowboys Stadium is that it’s located right next to AT&T Stadium where you can watch the Rangers baseball team compete against other cities.
Both teams are known for having high-scoring games so there will be plenty of action for fans who enjoy watching fast-paced contests with lots of goals or runs scored on both sides. If soccer isn’t your thing but still want to see one of these exciting matches then head over to Texas Motor Speedway during NASCAR season where drivers race around an oval track for glory and cash prizes!